Pursuing purpose will keep your mind and spirit fueled and rejuvenated. It will guide you to your destiny. In fact, purpose is required for you to fulfill your life mission. I had the privilege of being a returning speaker on the "Right to R.E.A.L. Love" podcast. The main topic discussed was: The Pursuit of Purpose. There's five parts to this podcast, each focusing on a different aspect. Check out the topics, key lessons and recordings below. Each episode is approximately 15-20 minutes. I've also included some book recommendations below to help guide you as you pursue your purpose.
My challenge for you today is to spend quiet time with God for at least 15 minutes. In order to identify, understand and pursue your divine calling, you must spend time with The Divine. You can no longer spend your life running in circles, chasing the wrong people and things, and living a life that lacks focus and clarity. I know these five recordings will bless your life.
Part One addressed the question: Why are so many people interested in pursuing purpose?
- Part One Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Why most people don’t know what it takes to pursue purpose.
- The importance of getting out of our comfort zone.
- The value in daring to be different.
- Why we must be true to who we are.
- How pursuing purpose has become trendy.
Part Two addressed the question: Why is pursuing our purpose in life valuable?
- Part Two Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The misconceptions surrounding the pursuit of purpose.
- How our purpose is greater and impacts more than ourselves.
- The importance of having the right definition of purpose.
- Differences between purpose, passion and ambit ion.
Part Three addressed the question: How does pursuing purpose differ from pursuing ambition?
- Part Three Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Why purpose is about more than you.
- Differences between pursuing purpose and pursuing ambition.
- Godly ambition vs. selfish ambition.
- Why purpose is centered around God.
- How to determine if something is a godly pursuit or not.
- The importance of prioritizing our relationship with God.
- The value in seeking God.
Part Four addressed the question: What mistakes do people make in pursuit of purpose?
- Part Four Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The value in being still in God’s presence.
- The importance of developing our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Mistakes people make in pursuit of purpose.
- The danger of disconnecting from God.
Part Five addressed the question: Why is it important to invite God to join us in pursuit of purpose?
- Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The importance of being committed to your purpose.
- The value in inviting God to join us in pursuit of purpose.
- Differences between purpose and assignments.
- The benefits of partnering with God.
- Why God wants you to want Him more than anything else in life.
- Steps to pursue purpose the right way.
- The Hollywood Commandments: A Spiritual Guide to Secular Success by DeVon Franklin with Tim Vandehey (Get the Audiobook FREE)
- Unleash Your Purpose by Dr. Myles Munroe (Get the Audiobook FREE)
- The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth am I Here For? by Rick Warren (Get the Audiobook FREE!)
- Whisper: How to Hear the Voice of God by Mark Batterson (Get the Audiobook FREE!)
- Instinct: The Power to Unleash Your Inborn Drive by T.D. Jakes (Get the Audiobook FREE!)
- Unlocked: Step into Your Next-Level Moment by T.D. Jakes (Get the Audiobook FREE!)
- No Limits: Blow the CAP Off Your Capacity by John C. Maxwell (Get the Audiobook FREE!)
- Quarter-Life Calling: Pursuing Your God-Given Purpose in Your Twenties by Paul Sohn (Get the Audiobook FREE!)
- Understanding Your Potential by Dr. Myles Munroe
- Get a FREE Audiobook from Audible